Book Discussion - The Color of Law
The Anti Racism Committee of the Democratic Party of Oak Park and the Oak Park Regional Housing Center are co-hosting an important talk with Richard Rothstein, the author of The Color of Law and local integration expert Dan Lauber.
The Color of Law presents a disturbing historical overview of how our government and communities have deliberately supported segregation through years of housing laws.
The discussion will be held at 10:00 AM on December 7th in the Veterans Room of the Oak Park Public Library, located at 834 Lake Street in Oak Park, Illinois.
We are honored to have this important author locally because Oak Park is the shining jewel of a community that has continued fighting against this type of injustice.Rothstein’s book was nominated this year for the National Book Award.
For a deeper understanding of the importance of his book, please watch this discussion between Richard Rothstein and Ta-Nehisi Coates or read the New York Times' review of the book.
For more information, please contact DPOP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Second Saturday Meeting
Join us for DPOP's monthly meeting on a special date next month, November 18, back in our home sweet home, our office on North Avenue. Our special guest will be Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart. Saturday, November 18th 1o:oo AM...
- The Anti Racism Committee of the Democratic Party of Oak Park and the Oak Park Regional Housing Center are co-hosting…
- Please join local Indivisible members for their monthly meeting. This month, Indivisible Oak Park welcomes guest speaker Juliana Stratton, candidate…
- Join us for phone banks to let people know about ACA Open Enrollment period, which has a limited time period this…
- Sunday, November 19 Meet at DPOP, 6941-A W North Avenue, Oak Park Here is your opportunity to make a difference…
- If you're concerned, and want to learn about actions you can take to help prevent gun violence, come to our local…
- Please join Aviva & Tom Bowen, Sarah & Matt Glavin, Donovan Pepper, Amalia Roja, and Al Ronan for a reception…
DPOP Gubernatorial Candidate Forums
DPOP has proudly welcomed many of the Democratic gubernatorial candidates at our monthly meetings. Check out what they had to say!
- (708) 848-2002
- (708) 386-0090
- (708) 386-0090