After two successful local canvasses and a positive experience in Waukegan, the DPOP Mid-Term Committee has decided it's time to fan out to the Bartlett area for another issues canvass. We've been invited by state Senator Tom Cullerton's (D-IL 23) office, and the territory we will be covering includes Congressman Peter Roskam's (R-IL 6) district.
With no election looming in the immediate term, the canvass will be low pressure and presents a great training opportunity for those of you looking to get more involved. Please come out and join us!
Goals for the canvass:
1) Supporting Senator Cullerton, who Republicans will undoubtedly target when he is up for reelection;
2) Defeating Peter Roskam in 2018; and
3) Defeating Governor Bruce Rauner in 2018.
Schedule for the day:
1) 9:00 a.m. - (MiniVan Training) We'll discuss canvass goals and use of the MiniVAN app with new canvassers and folks looking for additional training.
2) 9:45 a.m. - (Briefing) Experienced canvassers arrive at DPOP. We'll talk through things we should expect at the door, and finalize carpools.
4) 10:00 a.m.-10:45 a.m. (Leave DPOP for Bartlett) We'll arrive in Bartlett around 10:45. Canvassers will be assigned turf at that time.
5) 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. (Canvass)
6) 1:15 p.m. - (Pizza and Debrief @ DPOP)